So, its been ages since my last post and a lot has changed/happened.Â Thanks Giorgio for the reminder that I need to get back on this thing with an update on what is going on in my life.Â To celebrate this new post, I thought I would change the theme on the blog to something that I didn’t hate as much.Â The old theme was really getting to me and I think I need a change.
I think part of the reason for the lack of updates, has been a lack of motivation overall from me over the past few months.Â So, in an effort to combat this, I am gonna get some things off my mind in this blog post.
I, like many other affiliates I know, am falling into ‘the trap’ and becoming very lazy.Â Part of the reason for this is because when I was at IBM my job was a complete joke and 95% of my time was spent sitting around doing nothing.Â Funny enough, with the remaining 5% of the time when I actually worked I managed to get the highest promotion levels and reviews from my managers… go figure.Â This wasn’t because I didn’t want to work, there just simply wasn’t any work to be done.Â Could you imagine what they would think of me if I really busted my ass the whole time I was working putting in 100%!!!
To some people this would be the dream job, but I’ve never been like that and have always appreciated a good challenge.Â In fact, this could be partly why I am getting lazy lately, because I figure if I do nothing or very little work, things will get harder for me and I will have to start busting my ass again…. WRONG!
In fact, being lazy is actually having an opposite affect and it seems that every month keeps getting even better.Â I guess I am riding the fruits of my labour in the past as they are starting to pay off, but I know this won’t last forever so I really am making a strong effort to turn this bad cycle around.
I’ve tried taking vacations, breaks, getting up earlier, excessive drinking, but really nothing seems to be working.Â The reality is, none of these things are gonna change anything and I am the only one that can do that.Â So, going forward I am really going to make an effort to change this.Â I am going to make more goals and set more targets for myself.Â I think that will help.Â Anyone got any suggestions on staying motivated?
Hell, I’ll do 2 back to back blog posts now to prove that I am trying to break the laziness!
Additional Shout Out / Poker Affiliate Tip
Shout out to Chris from Poker Affiliate Solutions (or PAS for short).Â Chris told me tonight that he had my blog in his blog reader (Google reader is my choice) and was also hinting that I should do an upate.Â I am just glad that I finally know who the other RSS reader is beside me ;)Â JK… i know there are a few of you out there and appreciate that you care what I have to say.Â Anyway, PAS provide services to affiliates such as the ability to create a rakeback section on your site and offer deals that you wouldn’t be able to get normally without knowing someone.Â I have created a rakeback section on my site using their software and so far it has been great, though I am sure Chris is thinking it would be greater if I sent them more players ;)Â They have a really cool admin back-end and it makes things really easy.Â All you have to do is bring the players, so if you haven’t checked them out I recommend dropping them a line today if you are looking to offer something like this on your site.Â Chris also has a blog over on PAS which is even more overdue for an update than mine!Â You should get on that Chris